5.21.2008

you reel me out and then you cut the string.

the whole trip to la for the ai finale was always up in the air. mostly because i had never solidified tickets. however, my bff told me a few weeks ago that she didn't see any reason why her friend kevin wouldn't be able to get me tickets. he's a club promoter in la and whenever a certain ai host wants to go out, kevin gets him in and taken care of.

my bff is pretty pessamistic so when she told me that it wouldn't be a problem, i thought everything would work out. i proceeded to book my plane ticket and make plans for my friend, sara to meet me in la.

on saturday, my bff called and said, "don't pack yet". and so began the frustration. i changed my ticket to leave a day later just to be safe but at that point i knew that if she's telling me not to pack, it wasn't going to happen.

so, that's the story in a nutshell. there's more but i won't bore you with that.

the good news is that i am going to the "live watch party" down in our newly renavated downtown area. i'm thinking about wearing a tiara so that people will notice me. thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your comments are back! you must be so bummed you didn't get to go to l.a. gina and i looked for you in the crowd in david cook's home town but didn't see you.
i'm leaving today, sad but i can't wait to see yannick!

John said...

you could see me!!! if you looked really closely, way back by the miller lite stand (natch right?).