1.18.2008

a moment froze in time

one thing that i didn't mention is that i am going to be losing my job within the next year. as some of you know, my company is in the process of being sold and only a select few of current employees will continue employment with the purchasers. the sale is supposed to close on March 31st, but that is contingent upon regulatory approval. there are so many approvals utility companies need to go through before the sale can acutally take place. Once the sale closes, i've accepted a six month transitional offer with the purchasers to ensure a smooth transition of benefit administration.

at first, i was SO upset about this. mostly because i love my job and i love this company more than i can say. i have so much respect for the leadership and most importantly, my boss. she's given me opportunities that have challenged me as well as providing me with great skills that will make my resume shine.

i started looking for other opportunities when the sale was first announced because i had a sneaking suspicion that i would not have a job post close. i've probably been on 6 interviews since that time and have received one offer. nothing has felt right yet and with about a year left of "stable" income, i feel that i can be picky. of course in november, i probably won't feel the same however, with 4.5 months severance after my 6 month transitional offer i should have plenty of time to find something, right?

everything happens for a reason and i am sure i will find the right job for me over the next several months.

on the ipod: eh hee - dave matthews band

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Everything does happen for a reason and I am sure you will find the PERFECT job :)